Reduce the Look of Wrinkles with Collagen Induction Therapy
This procedure uses an electric skin needling device made especially for micro-needling. The device is pen-shaped and studded with twelve very fine needles. It breaks down old scar tissue and stimulates skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers, as well as new capillaries for an improved blood supply. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.The skin is cleaned and numbing cream may be applied to lessen discomfort, if needed. For better results we use a collagen-stimulating product like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C serum, or skin lightener for pigmentation during the procedure.
Some people will experience redness and mild swelling similar to mild sunburn for 24-48 hours, and there may be minimal pin-point bleeding. Most clients see results immediately following the procedure and still notice a bright glow two days later. Here are some of the benefits:
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Medical grade titanium needles makes it non-allergenic to human tissue
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- It can be used on all areas of the scalp, face and body, including fragile skin around the eyes, mouth and neck
- Improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Improves disfiguring scars, especially acne scars, as new collagen fibers elevate the depressed scar tissue with the periphery skin
- Reduces pore size
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired level of skin rejuvenation. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with three treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4-6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 3-6 treatments are recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds to the treatments, and the extent of the damage at the beginning. Micro-needling can be used on all skin parts of the body (neck, décolleté, arms, legs, etc). Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment.
To ensure the right healing environment, refrain from using AHAs (glycolic acid), retinol, acidic or “active” ingredients for 2-3 days following the procedure. Exposure to sun should also be avoided or zinc based sunblock should be used.
There are virtually no negative side effects, and none have ever been reported in over 150,000 procedures performed worldwide. However, micro-neddling is not suitable for clients who:
- Have used Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last three months
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions on the skin
- Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the last year
- Have any kind of current skin infection, condition, or herpes simplex in the area to be treated
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have any history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing